Vancouver has spoken…
-“Fantastic, eye-opening way of taking vague notions of innovation and turning them into practical takeaways.”
-“Today taught me how to think differently about what I do at work, and gave me a ton of practical tools.”
-“Duncan is high-energy, switched-on, engaged, yet connecting with everyone in the room.”
This is all real feedback we received from people like you that joined our Disrupt Innovation Masterclass earlier this year. We cannot thank you enough for your kind words, your enthusiasm, and your dedication to disrupting the status quo and building pathways to innovation within your organizations.
Since that special day in April, many of you have reached out to ask what else you can be doing to build on the training we shared during the masterclass. What other tools, techniques and behaviors you and your teams can use to unlock the true creative potential that lives inside all of you.
Well, rather than just tell you the answers to these questions and wish you luck, I want to show you how it’s done…
That’s right, I’ll be returning to Vancouver on October 4th, 2019 to run a special, intimate version of my acclaimed workshop, Demystifying Design Thinking. Picking up where Disrupt Innovation Masterclass left off, Demystifying Design Thinking is a hands-on, deep dive into the Initiate and Investigate stages of Innovation…stages that can drive a massive competitive advantage for your business.
What to Expect:
Our first day together provided you with Ideation and Activation tools and framework, allowing you and your organization to think big and generate moonshot ideas that resonate with customers. Demystifying Design Thinking will build on this training, and show you how to clearly define opportunities, align your team around them, and uncover the human truth that helps meet a business goal or uncover a new business innovation.
Specifically, you will walk away from Demystifying Design Thinking with new of set of tangible tools and tactics that you can combine with those already in your Innovation Toolkit, and put to work immediately within your organization, including:
- Interrogate It: Learn how to examine a challenge from all angles, and better understand potential barriers and what success looks like before you get started.
- Stretch It: Tackling a challenge that’s too broad can rarely be effective (think “solving world hunger”). This tool will ensure your project briefs are always just the right size.
- Scope It: Understand how to engage stakeholders on an emotional level early in the process in order to bring out rich insights before moving forward.
- Reword It: Create project envy within your business and motivate teams by rewording challenges to inspire a creative approach.
- Drive It: Learn how to generate a clear picture of success from stakeholders by driving them to define key outcomes, values, results, restrictions and more.
- Capture Clues: Gather key pieces of unfiltered data from a variety of sources both inside and outside your organization.
- Cluster Hunches: Understand how to generate multiple reasons (also known as hunches) behind the data you collect, and make creative leaps into what consumers really want and need.
- Crystallize Opportunity Platforms: Find ways to articulate your team’s hypothesis in a way that inspires innovation.
Armed with the new Initiation and Investigation tools, your teams will become unstoppable forces of innovation, driving massive creativity and game-changing ideas for your organization.
Due to the engaging, intimate atmosphere Demystifying Design Thinking requires, tickets are extremely limited and we are anticipating that they will sell out fast.
Sounds Great…How Do I Join?
Space in this Masterclass is limited to 100 people and tickets are selling fast. To reserve your spot, get your tickets here.
Friday, October 4, 2019
8:30 AM – 5:00PM
JW Marriott Parq Vancouver
39 Smithe St, Vancouver, BC
Looking to maximize your experience, and get the most out of your day with Disney’s former Head of Innovation and Creativity? Then consider upgrading you and your team to the VIP Experience.
Limited to just 10 individuals, the DISRUPT VIP Experience is like booking Duncan for a private innovation and ideation consulting session.
As a VIP Experience Ticket Holder, you’ll be in the center of the action all day long with guaranteed front row reserved seating. And once the masterclass is over? Well the VIP Experience is just getting started…
This intimate group of 10 Thought Leaders will then join Duncan for a private dinner. With no agenda and a quiet dining space all our own, this event will be the perfect opportunity to fully engage with Duncan. To discuss the specific creative challenges your business is facing. To further explore how you can build a culture of innovation. To learn from Duncan’s 25+ years driving creativity for the world’s most creative company.
As a VIP Ticketholder, you will have direct, uninterrupted access to the man who was responsible for some of Disneyland’s most iconic and profitable innovations. The man who literally put Buzz Lightyear on the moon (be sure to ask Duncan about this story at dinner)!
The VIP Experience is an investment in yourself and your business. An investment we promise will pay incredible dividends for many years to come…
As an ideation speaker, I talk a lot about creativity and idea generation, as these are some of the most important skills I learned during my time as Head of Creativity and Innovation at The Walt Disney Company. More specifically, [...]
The level of disruption that’s coming in the next decade is both exciting and terrifying. Artificial Intelligence expert Kai Fu Lee has suggested that upwards of 40% of jobs will be lost to A.I. in the coming decades. 3D printers [...]